Erasmus+ gives an opportunity for youth to volunteer travel and learn in another country for a specified period, (2 weeks to 12 months). The volunteering activities can be, for example, in the field of environment, arts and culture, activities with children, young people or the elderly, heritage or sports and leisure activities.
- Age Limit: 18-30
- Ability to communicate and work in a foreign language (In most cases English)
- Interest and motivation to work on the topic of the volunteering placement.
- Committed to volunteer full time for a selected period of time
Who can participate?
- Everybody who is 18-30 years old and is regularly resident in Italy can take part in the Erasmus+ volunteering opportunities. The volunteering activities can be, for example, in the field of environment, arts and culture, activities with children, young people or the elderly, heritage or sports and leisure activities.
Where do they take place?
- Most of the projects take place in the European Union member countries or in neighbouring countries such as Turkey, Norway, Iceland, Macedonia, Liechtenstein etc.
- All travel costs to and from country of volunteering are covered under Erasmus+ up to a certain amount depending on the travel distance. In order to get a reimbursement, you must keep all of the original travel tickets and boarding passes.
Each volunteer receives monthly pocket money (depending on country of departure)
Hosting organisation provides food or allowance for food.
Accommodation and utilities are fully covered by the project organisers.
Volunteers are insured by private health insurance throughout their whole volunteering period.